SPECIAL NOTE: Sequences shown as part of the opening credits are optional – depending upon how drunk the players wish to become. Also, some rules overlap and could apply equally to the same onscreen occurrence. Players should feel free to "double-dip" when these opportunities arise.
At the office:
- Chin manipulates the table-top computer to display information -- one sip.
- Danno or McGarrett manipulates the table-top computer to display information -- two sips.
- Kono manipulates table-top computer to display information -- three sips.
- In McGarrett's presence, Danno orders Chin and/or Kono to perform some step in the current investigation – four sips.
- Danno voices the next step necessary in the current investigation and then states he’ll do it himself – entire beverage.
- Chin or Kono refers to the other as "cuz." -- one sip.
- Someone important to the current case turns out to be related to Chin and/or Kono -- two sips.
- Danno changes the "evil person calling" ringtone he uses for his ex from the one heard the last time she phoned him -- three sips.
- McGarrett treats his sister like a grown-up -- full beverage.
- Danno mentions New Jersey – one sip.
- Anyone else on the team mentions New Jersey – two sips.
- Someone important to the current case is from New Jersey – three sips.
- Someone important to the current case knew Danno in New Jersey – entire beverage.
- Someone important to the current case had a past romantic relationship with any member of the Five-0 team – one sip.
- Someone important to the current case went to high school with Chin and/or McGarrett – two sips.
- Someone important to the current case served in the military with McGarrett – three sips.
- The bad guy/gal turns out to be someone who served in the military with McGarrett – entire beverage.
- McGarrett makes a reference to his father having been a cop -- one sip.
- McGarrett makes a reference to his grandfather having died at Pearl Harbor -- two sips.
- Someone integral to the story knew McGarrett's father and tells McGarrett what a great guy he was -- three sips.
- Someone integral to the story knew McGarrett's grandfather and tells McGarrett was a great guy he was -- entire beverage.
- Danno refers to himself as a father -- one sip.
- Danno bashes his ex-wife, says "StepStan," or has a fight with his ex on the phone -- two sips per occurrence.
- Danno's daughter appears in a scene -- three sips per occurrence.
- Anyone else says "StepStan" -- entire beverage.
- Kono appears in a bikini or her underwear -- one sip.
- Kono appears in a form-fitting, skimpy outfit -- two sips.
- Kono goes undercover in a bikini or skimpy outfit -- three sips.
- Kono is placed in danger while undercover and dressed in a skimpy outfit or bikini -- entire beverage (to be consumed after Kono is out of danger).
- Someone makes a disparaging remark about Danno's tie -- one sip.
- McGarrett appears shirtless/takes off his shirt -- two sips.
- Danno and McGarrett go somewhere dressed to the nines but still sporting three-day-old stubble -- three sips.
- Three or more members of the team appear somewhere dressed to the nines -- one sip per person.
- One or more male team members appear in full dress uniform (yet still unshaven) -- one sip per person.
- The entire team appears in full dress uniform -- entire beverage.
- Steve uses MacGuyver-like skills and conveniently available household items to discern important clues -- one sip.
- Any team member uses an iPhone to take a picture of a clue or show a mug shot to someone -- one sip per occurrence.
- Kamekona (shave ice guy) gives the team a valuable piece of information in exchange for money and/or the purchase of a tee-shirt -- two sips.
- Kamekona gives the team a valuable piece of information at no charge -- three sips.
- Viewers get a fleeting glimpse of the items inside the Champ toolbox -- entire drink.
- Any team member threatens to deport the suspect or the suspect’s family – one sip.
- Any team member “banters” with the suspect during interrogation (e.g. casually asks “how ya doing?” or compliments the suspect on his/her tattoo or an item of clothing) – two sips.
- McGarrett uses some form of physical violence to wrest information from a suspect – two sips.
- Any other team member uses some form of physical violence to wrest information from a suspect – three sips.
- Danno “banters” with McGarrett whilst McGarrett is “questioning” a suspect – four sips.
- The suspect is detained in the Supersecret Five-0 Basement Torture Cell® – entire beverage.
- Anyone drives (or reports someone else driving) the wrong way down a one-way street – one sip.
- A car is shown traveling in a recognizable direction/location at the same time that the driver reports being/traveling in an entirely different direction/location – two sips.
- Anyone states they are proceeding in a cardinal direction (e.g., “east,” “west”) instead of using local directions (e.g., “Ewa” or “makai”) – two sips.
- Anyone on the team miraculously manages to cross a long distance (e.g., Mokuleia to Diamond Head) in an impossibly short period of time – three sips.
- An easily recognizable location is identified as being somewhere completely different – four sips.
- The scene begins in a recognizable location and then suddenly shifts miles away but is stated to be in or immediately near the original location – entire beverage.
- Chin arrives at the scene in the Five-0 Surveillance Van® -- one sip.
- Chin and/or other teams members lurk in the Five-0 Surveillance Van® outside a location of interest during a crucial point in the investigation – one sip per person in the van.
- Chin crashes the Five-0 Surveillance Van® into some portion of a location of interest in order to rescue those undercover team member(s) inside – three sips.
- The Five-0 Surveillance Van® is miraculously able to receive video from inside a location of interest – entire beverage.
- The entire team (or any two members thereof) goes undercover and uses hidden surveillance equipment to communicate with each other – one sip per person.
- Kono is dressed in a skimpy outfit yet still manages to hide surveillance equipment somewhere on her person – two sips.
- Kono is seen removing surveillance equipment from a hidden location (e.g., the heel of her shoe) and placing it on her person – three sips.
- McGarrett gets his girl friend Catherine to “tune a satellite” to a specific location on a moment’s notice to help in the current investigation – entire beverage.
- Any team member interacts adorably with any child (other than Danno’s daughter) – one sip.
- Any team member reminds another team member that they are all ohana (or makes any other type of reference to the team being a family) – two sips.
- A team member other than Danno interacts adorably with Danno’s daughter – three sips.
- Danno tells his daughter “Danno loves you.” – entire beverage.
- McGarrett’s tattoes (or any portion thereof) are visible while he is fully clothed – one sip.
- McGarrett uses any specialized weapon he conveniently happens to have on his person at the moment – two sips.
- McGarrett refers to some event in his career as a SEAL that has given him specialized knowledge pertinent to the current investigation – three sips.
- McGarrett makes a mistake and publicly acknowledges it – entire beverage.
- Danno makes a disparaging remark about Hawaii or anything Hawaiian – one sip.
- Danno expresses homesickness for New Jersey – two sips.
- Danno bitches at McGarrett about the handling of any aspect of the current investigation – three sips.
- Danno appears without his tie – entire beverage.
- Chin is seen driving the ChinCycle® -- one sip.
- Chin makes a reference to having been accused of taking bribes and/or having been shafted by HPD – two sips.
- Chin demonstrates superhuman technology skills to miraculously reveal an important clue in the investigation – three sips.
- Chin talks about any event in his past that isn’t related to his high school football career or his firing from HPD – entire beverage.
- Kono is shown being instructed in “cop skills” by any team member – one sip.
- Kono makes a rookie mistake and is coddled (instead of berated) by one or more team members – two sips per team-member-coddling incident.
- Kono makes a rookie mistake but still manages to get a partial plate or other clue to help rectify said mistake – three sips.
- An full episode screens without Kono being placed in danger – entire beverage.
McGarrett/Danno bromance moments:
- Danno and McGarrett "banter" -- one sip per occurrence.
- Danno makes a smart-ass remark about the expression on McGarrett's face -- two sips (in addition to the above "banter" drinks).
- Either Danno or McGarrett refers to the other as "partner" -- three sips.
- Someone outside the team makes a reference to McGarrett and Danno as a couple (e.g., asks how long they've been married, asks one if the other is speaking to his wife, suggests they just go ahead and get a room, et cetera) -- entire beverage.
- The background music drowns out/obscures dialog -- one sip.
- The epilog scene is accompanied by music seemingly lifted directly from a "Lost" episode -- two sips.
- Any scene is accompanied by some piece of currently popular music -- three sips.
- The incidental music is a piece by a native Hawaiian artist (e.g., Iz) -- four sips.
- The bass notes of the incidental music are so overpowering they blow out the bass speaker component/subwoofer of the viewer's audio system -- entire beverage.
- All of the above occur in the same episode -- drink the whole bottle to kill the migraine that would otherwise last until the next episode is aired.